There are many“functional saviors” in which we often place our hope. Both Christians and Non-Christians have them. They are found throughout the world. The reality of functional saviors is that while they may bring relief for a time, they will ultimately disappoint us. Here is a list of questions to “help us uncover our functional saviors.”
Christians need to speak Truth to one another reminding each other of the Gospel. As well, Christ followers need to speak Truth to this dying world, telling of the hope that can be had in Jesus Christ.
Take a few minutes over the next few days and answer these questions. You’ll learn a lot about yourself and your “savior”:
- What am I most afraid of?
- What do I long for most passionately?
- Where do I run for comfort?
- What do I complain about the most?
- What angers me most?
- What makes me happiest?
- How do I explain myself to other people?
- What has caused me to be angry with God?
- What do I brag about?
- What do I want to have more than anything else?
- What do I sacrifice the most for in my life?
- If I could change one thing in my life what would that be?
- Whose approval am I seeking?
- What do I want to control/master?
- What comfort do I treasure the most?