Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thai Torture


I came up against a 4'6", 90 pound, Thai lady who lives in Seattle who could have destroyed Brock Lesner. She was our waitress at Ma Tai's. I asked her about the spiciness of a particular plate and she said that the plate was a 4 out of 5 stars in hotness and that I would like it. Thinking that it was probably too hot for me and that I should probably choose a 2 1/2 or 3 star plate, I asked her what she usually ate. She politely said, "oh you Americans cant eat like us. I eat a 20 in hotness".
So my machismo took over and thought, "If this little lady can eat a 20, there is NO WAY that I am going to order less than a 4. And what does she mean "you Americans"."
Three bites into it I started crying like a little girl... And it only got worse. Though I wanted to stop eating, it tasted so good I couldn't stop... Besides I was not going to let her see me not eat it, even if she could make Lesner tap out.



It was so good I had what I couldnt finish at lunch, for supper, and I cried again. Except this time I was able to do it in the privacy of my home.
Brock, you may be bad by UFC standards but you BETTER NOT cross Ma Tai.
Boy oh boy! does my stomach hurt this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment