I get phone calls, emails and have conversations non-stop with people who are have messed up, screwed up and have fallen deep in sin. It breaks my heart as they share their stories because I’ve been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. I think the thing that stinks the worst when talking to these people is they have no one to blame but themselves. Over year ago, when I decided to have an affair with someone who wasn’t my wife, I have no one to blame but myself. It was my actions and every action has consequences. While it is true that we are blame for our screw ups, I hate seeing people have to go through the results of their screw ups.

I think the most disturbing thing to me when communicating with people who have messed up is the fact that they think they can no longer be used by God. Sadly, that is what they hear from those around them. As I was sitting here studying for my message that I’ll preach tomorrow at C3 Church, I just felt God wanting me to remind someone out there that God isn’t done with you.

Yes, you might have screwed up but God has great plans for your life. Yes, things might be dark now, but God has great plans for your life. Yes, you might not think you can make it another day, but God has great plans for your life. You might be overcome by guilt right now, but God has great plans for you life. Everyone around you might have given up on you but God has not.

Remember today that you are in great company. God has a history of using screwed up people to do great things! I came across a friend’s blog today and was reading some old entries and he had the following written and it just reminded me that God is not done with screwed up people.

Noah was a drunk

Abraham was too old to be used

Isaac was a daydreamer

Jacob was a liar

Leah was ugly

Joseph was abused

Moses had a stuttering problem

Gideon was afraid

Samson had long hair and was a womanizer

Rahab was a prostitute

Jeremiah and Timothy were too young

David had an affair and was a murderer

Elijah was suicidal

Isaiah preached naked

Jonah ran from God

Naomi was a widow

Job went bankrupt

Peter denied Christ

The Disciples fell asleep while praying

Martha worried about everything

The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once

Zaccheus was too small

Paul was too religious

Timothy had an ulcer.

AND Lazarus was dead!

Don’t use your sin as a license but also don’t let your screw up keep you from doing what God has called you to do.

I’m not sure who this post was for today but I felt led to write it and want to remind you that I’m rooting for you.